There is a saying by Virginia Satir, an often quoted family therapist, “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” 8 or more might seem quite high, but while researching and writing this article I asked my daughters, “How many hugs a day do you like?” One of them said, “I'm not going to tell you how many I like, but it's way more than 8.” That really made me smile and touched my heart. And, I was once more assured, how deep the meaning of hugs is!
I have cited the numerous benefits of hugs to all my clients, friends and everyone I get to talk to about be-with idea. Where it came from and how it really works. Often people are surprised at the many benefits hugs can have. But there are also many articles on these benefits. Here are 10 reasons that I can totally relate to and advise!
Hugging therapy is definitely a powerful way of healing. Research shows that hugging (and also laughter) is extremely effective at healing sickness, disease, loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress.
Research shows a proper deep hug, where the hearts are pressing together, can benefit you in these ways:
1. The nurturing touch of a hug builds trust and a sense of safety. This helps with open and honest communication.
2. Hugs can instantly boost oxytocin levels, which heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
3. Holding a hug for an extended time lifts one's serotonin levels, elevating mood and creating happiness.
4. Hugs strengthen the immune system. The gentle pressure on the sternum and the emotional charge this creates activates the Solar Plexus Chakra. This stimulates the thymus gland, which regulates and balances the body's production of white blood cells, which keep you healthy and disease free.
5. Hugging boosts self-esteem. From the time we're born our family's touch shows us that we're loved and special. The associations of self-worth and tactile sensations from our early years are still imbedded in our nervous system as adults. The cuddles we received from our Mom and Dad while growing up remain imprinted at a cellular level, and hugs remind us at a somatic level of that. Hugs, therefore, connect us to our ability to self love.
Check out be-with - clothing for hugs that allow connecting wherever you are!
6. Hugging relaxes muscles. Hugs release tension in the body. Hugs can take away pain; they soothe aches by increasing circulation into the soft tissues.
7. Hugs balance out the nervous system. The galvanic skin response of someone receiving and giving a hug shows a change in skin conductance. The effect in moisture and electricity in the skin suggests a more balanced state in the nervous system - parasympathetic.
8. Hugs teach us how to give and receive. There is equal value in receiving and being receptive to warmth, as to giving and sharing. Hugs educate us how love flows both ways.
9. Hugs are so much like meditation and laughter. They teach us to let go and be present in the moment. They encourage us to flow with the energy of life. Hugs get you out of your circular thinking patterns and connect you with your heart and your feelings and your breath.
10. The energy exchange between the people hugging is an investment in the relationship. It encourages empathy and understanding. And, it's synergistic, which means the whole is more than the sum of its parts: 1 1 = 3 or more! This synergy is more likely to result in win-win outcomes.
How many hugs a day to you need? Tell me :D
P.S. We've created clothing for hugs to remind us of hugging every day!
cialis without prescription,bc https://cialisjla.com/ – cialis generic alternative price of cialis
avanafil dosage avanafil 50mg
best no prescription pharmacy Cordarone northwestpharmacy
canada pharma limited https://pharmacylo.com/ ed
combigan eye drops 2% generic combigan
buy cyclomune uk cyclosporine for humans
cutting viagra into quarters http://llviagra.com/ free viagra prescriptions
on line viagra http://loxviagra.com/ – himalayan viagra best viagra online
chloroquin https://chloroquineorigin.com/ – hydroxychloroquine plaquenil quinine buy aralen https://chloroquineorigin.com/
best online to buy cialis http://ucialisdas.com/ cialis no perscription overnight delivery
viagra in stores https://jokviagra.com/ natural alternative to viagra
san antonio cialis doctor https://rcialisgl.com/ cialis wikipedia
affordable pharmacy legal online pharmacy canadian online pharmacy
Ciplox https://pharmacylo.com/ online pharmacies canada
red viagra kanguru http://llviagra.com/ viagra used for weight loss
cialis 5mg tablets https://cialisee.com/ – get cialis overnight cialis black buy in australia
max cialis dose https://ucialisdas.com/ cialis
cialis canadian pharmacy http://rcialisgl.com/ cialis
Zofran https://xlnpharmacy.com/ canadian pharmacy uk delivery
best online pharmacy for viagra http://pharmacylo.com/ Forxiga